Lately, I participated on PR 2.0 seminar, hosted by Nukman Luthfie, one of PR 2.0 expert in Indonesia. He really inspired me. Some of his famous quote I will never forget,
‘whatever writes on social media, tends to buy’
Gee, that’s really something! It comes out to my mind to make details strategies to branding my company. And thanks to him, he set some hot tips for PR professional to answer the challenge, as below:
1. Improve corporate website. A life corporate site must be informative, user friendly, google friendly, up to date, and prompt to response. It’s quite interesting that based on true survey and several data, corporate site is still be number one in rank to fulfill the curiosity social networks of brand product or corporate. It also defines that the site is still be reliable resource for them. So, what can we do about it? Makes your corporate website ALIVE! Makes your site is the most proper face to heading your social network. Give your fully attention to maintain your site is the best recommendations now. Do not abandon your site by letting it with expired news and products.
2. More Listen to your customer. The updated online software which available everywhere, easies us to enhance our ability in listening to what our customer says and wants from us. there are Google Reader Share Feed, Google Alert, Monitor face book and other social media.
3. talk to your customer. There’s interesting recipe to quote, if you talked to people the way advertising talked to people, they’d punch you in the face . 🙂 wow, just watch out your mouth then… In short, just talk to your customer in easy way, informally, close, full intimacy, and with chit chat talking. Do not take too seriously in social networking. Open and transparent way are recommended!
4. Please, do share to your customer. Famous feature like RSS, Delicious, or FB are the nicest place to share what’s on your mind, of course to brand your product.
5. Join the community site, blogs, or maybe post up your comments in Plurk or twitter, make some interesting notes that invite all your network interest to respond. It’ll be magic when you find all people start to share their experience with your product.
6. Monitor your search engine. Monitoring newspaper is not enough, or other old fashioned media. Now, you must turn your mindset to widen your monitoring in social networking. Google, yahoo, or other search engine may have fulfill your needs. Please, spend your time everyday to check Google.
7. Playing down negative post. This point, I will explain more detail on next post.
Posted by Afril Wibisono